This is it, BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!

I have had it, I have been pushed beyond any patience or consideration I could humanly posses for the policies and strategy in Afghanistan. I have been wanting to blog for several months that is is time time bring our troops home.

Afghanistan has had us in their country for over ten years and with US Forces (mostly Army National Guard) embedded with and mentoring, leading and teaching their forces right about 10 years now.

As I have stated many times on this blog and in interviews, we would need to be in Afghanistan until around 2020 for us to make a difference there. However now we have year after year of a more restrictive Rules of Engagement (ROE) being put on our forces, Afghan forces turning on our US and coalition forces and murdering them, and a military strategy that seems to be more about not offending people than killing the enemy. I was at a point where I was saying “that’s it, we are done”.

However, a story broke today that pushed me over the edge.

As part of an effort to quell violence and ensure peace with the Taliban, the United States for several years has been secretly releasing high-level prisoners from a military prison in Afghanistan.

According to the peace deal, insurgent commanders or local elders have promised to reduce violence, or cease fighting altogether, if certain insurgents are released from Parwan, The Washington Post reports.

However, the deal is a gamble as the freed detainees are generally notorious fighters who would not have been released under the legal system for military prisoners in Afghanistan.

U.S. officials have asked these prisoners to promise to give up violence, and if they are caught attacking American troops, they will be detained once again.

However, officials have not said that those who have been released under the program have later returned to attack U.S. and Afghan forces again.

The insurgents released through the secret program are the only detainees at Parwan who are able to circumvent the prison’s judicial review board.

The releases have come amid efforts to end the decade-long war through negotiation, which is a central feature of the Obama administration’s strategy for leaving Afghanistan.

Those efforts, however, have yielded little to no progress in recent years. In part, they have been stymied by the unwillingness of the United States to release five prisoners from Guantanamo Bay, a gesture that insurgent leaders say they see as a precondition for peace talks.

I can’t count the number of known bad buys we detained (we called them PUCs for Persons under confinement) where we had turned them over to the Afghan security forces to hold and process because the rules put on US forces was so limiting that we would have had to let them go. Since the Afghans could keep them easier, and to he honest they should be the ones to detain and process them, it was appropriate they did anyway.

Many times when we did turn the PUCs over to the Afghans they would release they with a “promise” they would not do it anymore or fight US or Afghan forces. I remember my team and I would shake our head and think “how could these Afghans be so dumb or gullible?”. These people will never have a secure country if that is how the handle people who attack them. We would get so pissed at the Afghans for releasing them when we KNEW they were bad. These were guys who most of the time were caught red-handed.

To wake up this morning and read that our own US leadership (military and civilian) are now doing the same thing turns my stomach. These are people who cut off heads of people while they are alive, that rape children and that murder their own countrymen, women and children. So who the hell thinks making them “promise” means anything. Why even waste their time, just friggen release them and wish them well along with “see ya on the battlefield” as they walk out the front gate. Hell, why not give them their weapons back as they walk out too?

I know if I was still over there right now as this news came out, I would be furious. Our men and women doing the fighting are watching their buddies and innocent people get shot and blown up by these people and then watch their leadership release them. So tell me, what motivates our warfighters to take prisoners? If you know or think they might just get released, why take that chance, just shoot them.

This type of action by our leadership puts our troops in a very difficult place by making them question what is lawful and what SHOULD be done. I fear for the day when a soldier gets charged with murdering Afghans and then hear him/her say “well if I detained them, they would just be released so I killed them instead”.

So that is it, I am now pushing for all of our troops home now. They are professionals who are trained to the highest standard to take lives and destroy our enemy while protecting and helping out innocent people, all at the same time. They need to be allowed to do their jobs. If the Administration is going to tie their hands behind their backs and allow them to be slaughtered without holding our enemies accountable then lets bring them home.

I know our troops could win this war once and for all, but they have to be allowed to. If they aren’t going to be allowed to do their jobs and win, then they don’t need to be there. Our troops could have won this, our leadership is  going to lose it.

14 Responses to This is it, BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!

1. dghNo Gravatar says:

POW Bowe Bergdahl.

2. JaxNo Gravatar says:

My husband is a sniper and getting deployed this year. We have a 5 month old baby girl that will not see her daddy for about 9 months straight. He wrote me from work this morning about this article and said he was furious! He has to leave us, risk his life, and go through hell, just to have them possibly released? He is a strong man, and for that I’m thankful because there is only so much our men can handle! Also, as a wife of a soldier, this article is devastating…My husband is leaving to fight and risk his life for NOTHING.

3. Hagen RadcliffeNo Gravatar says:

I’VE HAD IT ! The flat-out RAGE that I feel right now is overpowering. My son is over in that hellhole again, and for WHAT??? To coddle the Afghan politicians & supply picture opportunities for American politicians and military brass? This endless war is destroying countless American lives, and all we have to show for it is yet another generation of damaged soldiers and families who suffer with them.
    THIS BLUE STAR MOTHER SAYS “GET OUT OF AFGHANISTAN NOW!”

4. Jere NealNo Gravatar says:

I really prayed, as this war began long ago, that it wouldn’t be a repeat of Viet Nam. It is!! We have the best trained and best equiped military in the world and could have “won” this conflict long ago if they were allowed to do their job. Instead, our cowardly, kiss-ass, politicians have bowed to every “politically correct” demand from the monstrous enemy, who, as another said, cut off heads while the victim still lives! What is wrong with our government? The only difference with this war is, thank God, the American people still honor our military members for their bravery and valor. They are welcomed home as heroes. I agree….bring our troops home NOW!!!

5. Bruce A. ForsterNo Gravatar says:

And what will we have this November….A re-elected by FRAUD B.O!
    And I have a thought as to WHY more than HALF of our military forces are overseas. If and when we are attacked by WHOMEVER, the bulk of our military will not be able to protect & defend US! This is what that ^#@&*@^#$%#! in Washington wants! He WANTS us vulnerable. I have believed from day one that it is his INTENTION to DESTROY America in the name of Marx & Lenin & Stalin!

6. Tracy McCollisterNo Gravatar says:

So what’s new. We should realize that our current president is in cahoots with the Afghans — he recently said that the Taliban is not our enemy, As BHO has said recently, he does not need the Congress to act. Congress recently refused to approve the giving of $141 million to Hamas, but his secretary of state, the honorable Hillary Clinton, overruled Congress & Hamas was granted the money. This is not different than releasing the worst of the worst back into society in Afghanistan. If BHO does not suspend our elections in November, we must make sure he is not only sent packing, but the Congress acts to impeach him for treason.

7. SusanNo Gravatar says:

This news is so appalling, it sickens me to think of all the men and women who have lost their lives to this war, those who are now disabled and also those who remain in harm’s way.
    Who will stand up for the rights of our soldiers? We will not find anyone in this administration, that’s for sure. It is time to impeach the traitor and bring the rest of those in DC who have violated the oath of their office to justice. What are we waiting for? If we don’t stand up for our country, who will?
    Contact every good politician you know and demand they put an end to the corruption and start impeachment proceedings now.

8. caliNo Gravatar says:

I totally agree with the anger displayed here; for I feel nothing but rage not only at our leaders here, but also the leading officers or brass in the field for allowing this bs to go on; is there not one General that would standup and say – enough, I resign, to send a message.
    Our troops are nothing but sitting ducks being assassinated by these ‘noble afghans’ as the occupant in the white house labeled them; apologising, bowing and groveling to Karzei.
    While obama has not mentioned, nor made an effort to get our soldier Bergdahl back, who’s been captured by an offshoot of the taliban since 2009. Yet, he releases these dangerous jihadists as a good gesture so he can cut and run from Afghanistan.
    What is the point of fighting these lowlifes, when they get special privileges – it is contradictive!
    I’m convinced that obama knows that they lie – that is what muslims do for their cause.
    I am surprised that we had not more incidents than that of SSG Bale; vigilante justice.
    This whole afghan issue is a clusterf*ck; the troops need to come home from that hellhole. I could care less what happens to these afghans; they are no longer worth one drop of blood from one of our troops.
    this is Vietnam all over again; all obama is concerned about is to pacify these cretins and, no good can come from it.
    In the meantime the Pentagon is hiding all the assassinations of our troops by those whom they train and, it is despicable.
    Have any of you been able to find out why this Captain – a medic – slumped over and died while skyping with his wife? She stated that she saw a bullet hole in the wall after her husband slumbed over dead!

What can we do to assist that this farce ends yesterday? The demoralisation of our troops need to stop; but fighting those jihadists only for them being released anyway, what’s the point?

Also, I missed your posts and, worried something might have happened; so I’m glad you post again!!

All the current occupant is interested in is to do photo ops as he went there to brag about the killing of OBL; everythingcame out of his mouth is “I, I, my, my this and that”.

The kia rate during obamas time in office has quartrupled; no mention anywhere!

Rather than giving millions in taxpayers money to the talibanto allow him to cut and run; he needs to bring home our troops.

Disgust about the whole situation is an understandment!

• SusanNo Gravatar says:

of course, obama knows their promises are all a bunch of lies. a moron knows as much. this is a deliberate act-he acted behind closed doors in secret, that says it all.
      We need to hold our dear leader accountable-this is an act of treason. all the military leaders and everyone who had anything to do with this decision should be brought to justice. I am going to contact every everyone I can, including the media. we need to hold them accountable too. we need someone to take on Obama and his crew. We can’t sit by and let this go-too much is at stake, too much blood has been shed and more will be if we don’t demand for their resignations.
      this sickens me and you are right, enough is enough. it is time for all Americans who support our troops and who love our country to demand action now.

9. MSgt Dale DayNo Gravatar says:

While I agree that, at the moment, our troops are getting screwed over, let’s at least wait until November. Hopefully, the Joker-in-Chief will get packing and we’ll have a real president who can stand up to the opium dealers in Kabul.

10. JCNo Gravatar says:

So what do we say to them when we catch them again later “Liar, liar pants on fire” and make them promise again. I’ve seen and heard some pretty ridiculous things in my military career but this one takes the cake.

11. SusanNo Gravatar says:

Bouhammer and all our military men and their families; I want to say that I hold you all in the highest regard and I cannot express how grateful I am for all you do to serve our country. I feel your pain and I keep you in my prayers continously. We all need to do whatever we can to put an immediate end to this appalling policy asap.

Please contact Congressman Allen West (R FL)at http://west.house.gov/. He has proven himself as a man we can count on for help.

He has recently agreed to serve on the Citizen’s Advisory Board at the Thomas More Law Center. This law center does so much valuable work on behalf of all Americans and I believe their service is free. You can read more about them and contact them through their website at http://www.thomasmore.org. If ever we needed legal help, this is it.