U.S. Army Pvt. Michael S. Walters monitors an Afghan National Army visit to Nishigam village in the eastern Kunar province of Afghanistan on April 6, 2010. The Afghan National Army-led mission involved meeting with villagers and inspecting important community gathering places, such as the school and local bazaar. The overwatch position near Combat Outpost Bar Alai is used to prevent anti-Afghan forces from attacking Afghan National Security Forces as they work with residents. Walters is a forward observer with 2nd Platoon, Charlie Troop, 3rd Squadron, 61st Cavalry Regiment. DoD photo by Staff Sgt. Gary A. Witte, U.S. Army.
Blog DescriptionThe Bouhammer [boo-ham-er] blog is owned by a 22-year Retired Army First Sergeant. It is now one of the leading and award-winning blogs written primarily on operations in Afghanistan and other military related topics. Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy what you see. If you care about what is happening in the land where the attacks of 9/11 were planned and if you care about our military, this is the blog for you. Click Here to Contact Bouhammer
Support Bouhammer.comThere are a lot of costs to run this site, and to have the Bouhammer Enterprises LLC, so donations are always welcomed and appreciated.
1/501st 2/7 Marines 3rd BCT 10th MTN DIV 4th BCT 25th ID (ABN) 9/11 27th BCT 82nd Airborne 173rd Airborne Afghanistan Afghanistan Tour ANA ANP ARSIC-South Blackfive.net Blogger's Roundtable Bouhammer Gear Store British COIN Dead Tangos Elections ETT Iraq ISAF Karzai Marines McChrystal Medal of Honor Memorial Day Milblog conference National Guard NATO Obama Pakistan Petraeus PTSD Scott Kesterson SecDef Soldier's Angels Special Forces Taliban The Sandbox Vision Strike Wear Wanat You Served You Served Radio
Bouhammer Endorsed Ads
Number of Visits
- So very proud of my good friend @mattgoss new album that is hitting the streets soon. #congrats 6 hours ago
- Blog entry coming out soon about a wrongly detained American citizen in Afghanistan. 6 hours ago
- Store Where Lanza's Gun Was From Shut Down by ATF flip.it/8hbkN #epicfail #notlegit 7 hours ago
- Just when you think spring is here... 23 hours ago
- What are you doing to remember our deployed today? 1 day ago
When is the right time to leave Afghanistan?
- NOW, as in pull all our troops out TODAY (38%, 24 Votes)
- We should have left years ago (16%, 10 Votes)
- After we have killed all the enemy and the Afghans can support themselves (16%, 10 Votes)
- By the end of 2012 (8%, 5 Votes)
- We should never totally leave. We should leave a presence there like we do in Germany and Japan (8%, 5 Votes)
- Other (Please leave a comment explaining your other option) (6%, 4 Votes)
- By the end of 2013 (6%, 4 Votes)
- Whenever the military leaders say it is time to leave (5%, 3 Votes)
- By the end of 2014 (3%, 2 Votes)
- Whenever the President says it is time to leave (0%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 63Loading ...
Afghan & Military Blog by Bouhammer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available HERE.