Pitchfork Brigade, Stolen Valor Imposter Wanted- UPDATEDx5

The milbloggers across the country are uniting today to put out a question to all who read our blogs if anyone knows who this idiot is. The guy you see in the pic above and the ones below was spotted at George R. Brown Convention at the Annise Parker for Houston Mayor Victory Party on 12/12/2009.

This guy is such a fraud, it is not even funny. Let me start with that he portrays himself as a one-star general. Since he has a unauthorized soul-patch goatee, one could only assume he is retired. I am not an age-guessing expert, but I would bet a paycheck this guy is not 40 years old. As an infantryman the first thing I noticed after his goatee was that he has a CIB with two stars on it. The CIB or Combat Infantryman Badge is a coveted badge awarded only to those in the Infantry for performing the job of an infantryman in combat. The CIB is awarded based on periods. The period that covered Vietnam went all the way through Somalia in 1993. The next period was from 2001 through present. For this asshat to have a CIB with two stars means he had to have served in the war in Korea in the 1950s.

There are so many things wrong with this friggen idiot that I can’t even begin to count the ways. Besides the British parachutists wings, he also has SAS (Special Air Service) wings, US Jumpmaster Wings, HALO wings, Pathfinder Badge and Air Assault Wing. He also has not one, but TWO Distinguished Service Crosses. The DSC is the 2nd highest award behind the Medal of Honor. Then throw onto that two Silver Stars, at least one Bronze Star, at least one Purple Heart and then many, many other medals. This guy breaks the stolen valor act so many times it isn’t even funny.

What he is doing is a completely disrespectful to all of those who has served or are serving in uniform, regardless of branch and regardless of what awards anyone has. By wearing this uniform, he is ambassador of our military and all that it stands for. I will keep updating this posting through the day with the URLs of all the other blogs covering this waste of oxygen.

If you think you have a lead on who this guy is, please contact me at admin@bouhammer.com

UPDATE #1and#5- Blogs that are covering that are part of this Pitchfork Brigade Action

CSI milbloggers — [Mrs Greyhawk]

Meet General Ballduster McSoulpatch — [This Ain't Hell...]

Wanted for Stolen Valor — [A Soldier's Perspective - Marcus]

Pitchfork Brigade, Stolen Valor Imposter Wanted — [Bouhammer]

Poseur Alert- Do you know this wanker? — [BlackFive - Uncle Jimbo]

Launch the ready pitchfork — [CDR Salamander]

Stolen Valor Scum – wanted! — [Hooah Wife]

Stolen Valor- Not even slick about it edition — [Bring the heat, Bring the Stupid]

Can you Identify this poseur? — [From my position... On the way!]

Do you Recognize This Man? — [Boston Maggie]

MilBlogs’ APB… — [Little Drops..... Into the pool of life]

Do you know this Brigadier? (Updated) — [Castle Argghhh!!!]

Just When You Thought Monday Couldn’t Get Any Crazier… — [The Sniper]

Picture of the Day: Anyone Know Who This Fraud Is? UPDATE — [ROK Drop]

Do You Know This Asshat?… — [Exile in Portales]

Stolen Valor Alert — [Ace of Spades - LauraW.]

UPDATE #2

The IMPOSTER appears to have a name, Michael Patrick MacManus. More Pics of this guy from his personal friendster.com account are HERE.

His LinkedIn Profile is http://www.linkedin.com/in/michaeltenzin

UPDATE #3

My good friend over at thisainthell.com has compiled a lot of the information about this a**hole. I am re-posting it here.

Now, read some of this guy’s horsehit:

Male, 44, Domestic Partner, Houston, TX

Interested In:
Friends, Activity Partners

Member Since:
Jun 2003

Hometown:
Singapore & Hamden, Connecticut!

Company:
U.S. Army, Purdue University, Stanford University, Samaya, Inc. (a dot.com start-up!)

Michael Patrick’s URL:

Schools:
Singapore American School, Attended 1969 – 1981, Class of 1981
Hamden High School, Attended 1981 – 1984, Class of 1984

Other education:
Defense Language Institute (DLI), 1984-1985, German

College/University:

Stanford University, Attended 1999 – 2005, Class of 2005, Ph.D., Bio-Psychology
Yale University, Attended 1997 – 1999, Class of 1999, Master’s Degree, Cognitive Psychology
Purdue University, Attended 1988 – 1993, Class of 1993, Bachelor’s Degree, Psychology

Occupation:

Ask Me! www.myspace.com/budddha5

Affiliations:

Not enough? How about his Linked In profile. I screen capped it all, so we good.

Current Presidential Affiliate, Houston Base of Operations at GeneWize Life Sciences
Past Linguist / Educator / Sports Psychologist at EF – Beijing Olympics 2008
Personal Security Detail at 110th United States Congress, 1st Session
0-5 / LTC at US Army
Bodyguard / Interpreter / Intelligence Officer at Department of Defense / Departmenf of the Army
Vice President of Asian Operations at Samaya, Inc.
see less…

2 more…
Education Assumption University
John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center and School
Purdue University
Defense Language Institute
see less…

This is where it gets fun:

Personal Security Detail
110th United States Congress, 1st Session
(Government Agency; 501-1000 employees; Political Organization industry)

May 2007 — September 2007 (5 months)

PSD (Personal Security Detail) for a member of the U.S. Congress from the state of Texas.

Ah, life in politics! I just LOVE the longevity of it all.

0-5 / LTC
US Army
(Government Agency; 10,001 or more employees; USA; Military industry)

1984 — 2004 (20 years )

Been ALL around the world. I have seen the elephant.

Bodyguard / Interpreter / Intelligence Officer
Department of Defense / Departmenf of the Army
(Military industry)

November 1984 — November 2004 (20 years 1 month)

Interpreter / Bodyguard: PSD (Personal Security Detail) for several different General Officers (0-7 thru 0-10) Speaker of 9 languages. Been ALL OVER the world. Intelligence and Counter-Intelligence Officer: Situation-specific Intelligence gathering and analysis. Advisor to the Commander-In-Chief (1995-1999) regarding S.E. Asian Affairs, with a specific focus on Thailand, Cambodia & Laos.

Vice President of Asian Operations
Samaya, Inc.
(Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Computer Networking industry)

July 1997 — February 1999 (1 year 8 months)

VP of Asian Operations. Facilitated meetings between our CEO, President, CFO, COO and Founder with SUN Microsystems, Microsoft, 3-COM, Nortel, Thai Government Agencies and the Thai Royal Family.

Damn, dude went from LTC to BG fast as shit didn’t he? Must have seen the elephant and all that. But…..How did he go from LTC to BG when he was working as VP of Asian Operations?

This is interesting:

Defense Language Institute
BA , German. Tested out of French, Italian & Thai , 1984 — 1985

Activities and Societies: 1985 Soldier Of The Year, U.S. Army – Defense Language Institute
Special Operation Forces w/ a speciality in Personal Protection Details, Intelligence and PSYOPS (Psychological Operations)

Soldier of the Year, eh? Thought he was an officer?

Well, he dresses like one. (Kidding) He is on far right.

hesonright

MORE:

After 20 years in the U.S. Army, I was forced to retire due to the “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy that forbids gay men and women from serving openly in the US Military.

At the HRC (Human Rights Campaign) Equality Ball at the Mayflower Hotel, those of us who have been a vocal force against this damaging and unconstitutional policy are quite confident that our new Commander-in-Chief President Barack Obama will sign an Executive Order to abolish the “DADT” policy. Yes We Can!
Peace,

Michael Patrick McManus, Lieutenant Colonel, US Army, Retired

And, more with shifting retirement dates. Don’t you just love a blog swarm?

While stationed in Frankfurt, Germany in 1986, then-Sergeant McManus served as Then-General Colin Powell’s personal bodyguard and interpreter; Sergeant McManus came out of the closet as a gay man in 1993 at a Memorial Weekend Requiem in San Francisco honoring the Unknown Lesbian/Gay/Bisexual Soldiers

U.S. Army Captain Michael McManus revealed that General Colin Powell knew he was gay while McManus was serving as his personal bodyguard, and that it made no difference to the general. While stationed in Frankfurt, Germany in 1986, then Sergeant McManus served as Powell’s bodyguard and interpreter, and it was during that time that Sgt. McManus “came out” to him, confiding to him that he was gay.

According to McManus, Gen. Powell, who was at that time the commander of the U.S. Army Fifth Corps, replied, “What do you want me to do about it? As long as youare doing your job well, that does not matter to me. And you are doing an excellent job.”

Capt. McManus came out of the closet as a gay man publicly on Saturday May 29, 1993 at a Memorial Weekend Requiem in San Francisco honoring the Unknown Lesbian/Gay/Bisexual Soldiers. The event was sponsored by the San Francisco Area chapter of the GLAAD and endorsed by many organizations, including the Alexander Hamilton Post of the American Legion.

McManus chose the San Francisco requiem event as the time to come out publicly because he “can no longer be a part of an organization that promotes and supports such blatant discrimination. It is time for people to realize that sexual orientation is a fundamental part of a person’s identity, just as being Asian or African-American.”

Capt. McManus [in 1993] planned on being vocal about the military’s gay and lesbian ban. He served in the U.S. Army Reserves and holds a top secret security clearance. Still fighting the “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy, Michael retired from the US Army in Feb. 2008 at the rank of LTC (Lieutenant Colonel).

UPDATE #4

Here are some more web traces of McManus

45 Responses to Pitchfork Brigade, Stolen Valor Imposter Wanted- UPDATEDx5

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Bouhammer's Afghanistan and Military Blog, Pitchfork Brigade, Stolen Valor Imposter Wanted | Afghan&Military Blog -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: This ain’t Hell, but you can see it from here » Blog Archive » Meet General Ballduster McSoulpatch

3. SSgt Stephen J Vogt, USAF, RetNo Gravatar says:

What a dishonor this individual is doing to all the mem and women who have served and who are serving and dying for this great country of ours, by pretending he has earned these honors. And if I remember the order of wearing medals, they are not even in the right sequence. I hope they catch this imposture soon

4. Vincent F. RotturaNo Gravatar says:

The Mayor has to have a guest list, and there were security cameras. This should ( I hate the word ‘should’ ) be easy. It was recent, and there were only so many people there. A victorious Mayor, would not want a scandal to mar a political victory; that’s leverage.

5. Pingback: uberVU - social comments

6. Flag GazerNo Gravatar says:

These guys make me crazy… and, angry.

By the way, there is one on BlogTalk Radio – calls himself “Tigerbo” – a decorated and disabled “LtCol in the Marines” – People are finally starting to out him, but in case he shows up in one of your shows….
    .-= Flag Gazer´s last blog ..Haiti – Port-au-Prince – Earthquake =-.

7. MBNo Gravatar says:

This dweeb just made his life miserable. Time for a little tar and feathers.

8. AmyNo Gravatar says:

Just to see what popped up, I checked for the guy in AKO.

The only Michael Patrick McManus that showed up there is a PFC in the Army Reserves.

This guy – and others like him – deserves to be thrown in jail.

9. Susan Katz KeatingNo Gravatar says:

Groaaaaan….. and of course I’m sure the PhDs, etc., are all just as valid as his mil-credentials. I put out the APB to the FB Pitchforer Brigade. Sounds as if we’re closing in on this Sad Sack,
    .-= Susan Katz Keating´s last blog ..Whale-Plowing, Cup-Hurtling Capt Holly Graf Finally Fired After Choking Subordinate =-.

10. Delta WhiskeyNo Gravatar says:

What a douche.

11. RussNo Gravatar says:

“Defense Language Institute
    BA , German.”

Really?

As a graduate of that august institution (Korean Basic Course, 1987) I can assure one and all that DLI does not bestow Bachelors’ degrees on its graduates. But you do get a pretty spiffy certificate.
    .-= Russ´s last blog ..Gotcha =-.

12. BuckNo Gravatar says:

I’ve linked this at my small blog. This dude WILL do some serious time if there’s any justice in this world.
    .-= Buck´s last blog ..Do You Know This Asshat? =-.

13. Ms TracyNo Gravatar says:

What a GOOBER!! Tar and feathers aren’t good enough; he ought to be horse-whipped and dipped in boiling oil. Surely NOBODY takes his BS claims seriously?? I HATE TROLLS, and he’s gone WAAAAAAAAAYYY beyond “Troll.”

14. Susan Katz KeatingNo Gravatar says:

I can’t figure out what made him think he wouldn’t get caught. Most posers are nowhere near that outrageous!

15. ElvisNo Gravatar says:

DeltaWhuskey,

I believe this person would be more accurately described as an enema nozzle. But I see no need to split hairs. Douche works, also.

Double Naught Eight

16. DadtomanyNo Gravatar says:

Will be posting this on my little ol’ nothing blog. I have run into so many wanna-bees in my day, guys claiming to be Navy SEALS, or Force Recon usually, it galls me every time. It makes a complete mockery of those of us who were just ordinary Marines doing our duty and serving our country, not to mention the genuine heroes in the line of fire who are going over and above for those here at home. Maybe one of my few regular readers has a line on this douchebag.

Semper Fi
    .-= Dadtomany´s last blog ..Note to self: =-.

17. Virginia HanningNo Gravatar says:

I am so glad you found out who he is. Now he should be arrested and put in jail ASAP.

Virginia, we all hope so. I hope as I am writing this that an FBI assault team is kicking in his door at the same time. :-)

18. Bo GritzNo Gravatar says:

Old Special Forces saying: “Me and Jesus know.” Seems wherever this imposter goes there would be an Army of real soldiers around him challenging his decorations. Most of the badges and ribbons are easy to get, but the OSD ID Badge is not usually available outside of DC. I was surprised to see it for sale in the Ft Belvoir Clothing Sales Store. Oddly the phony hasn’t found room for the most likely ID badge for such a distinguished general officer, the Army General Staff ID Badge worn on the right pocket. Also strange that the FBI hasn’t targeted him — what he’s doing is against th law!

Thanks Bo for reading and your comments. I am honored that you read my blog. As a retired Sr. officer yourself, I am sure you could find many other things wrong with this “uniform” than I ever could.

19. T.T.No Gravatar says:

Unreal! Just plain UNREAL!
    I’m at a loss for words. Good luck in searching for him.
    Not long ago I read a story of another one of these clowns.
    God bless our TRUE MILITARY that continue to defend our freedom and Nation. Thank you…

I’m just sick over people like this

Copy and paste in your browser

20. Eric ButlerNo Gravatar says:

Glad you guys found out who this guy is. Ran across this and a few other articles about him being ‘ordained’ by the Dalai Lama in 2006. Keep up the good work.

21. Erik B.No Gravatar says:

Wow, my father has spent the past 35 years of his life in the special forces and he doesn’t have 1/8th of the stuff this guy claims to have. I have seen my fair share of “valor-thiefs” in the world. I agree that tar and feathers is “too light” of a punishmet for this POS. This is why the army has to keep electronic databases of mostly all of thir major awards…. It makes me so mad seeing his face. This better make national news to call him out

Wow Erik, my Dad spent 22 years in SF. I bet they may have served together or at least ran in the same circles. If possible, thank your Dad for his service.

22. Jake BattagliaNo Gravatar says:

My 43 year-old kid brother is an Army lifer, an E-9, Sergeant Major, and has so many stripes and medals, ho scares the living shit out of most commissioned officers below the rank of Colonel. He’s served FIVE fucking tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan, and is enjoying a 6-month leave before transferring to the 101st Airborne at Ft. Campbell, KY and embarking on his 6th and final tour in the GWOT.

Having said that, were he to encounter this piece of shit, he’d no doubt take it upon himself to validate each and every one of the ribbons this fucktard is wearing, and should a single ribbon be found to be fraudulent, said “Commander” would be find himself transferred here to the west side of Chicago, where I and my fellow sociopaths would be more than happy to properly discipline him.

More than likely, we’d use a few pair of pliers, a couple of crab hammers and a propane torch.

23. pst314No Gravatar says:

“he ought to be horse-whipped”

Judging by his photo album, he might enjoy that. :-(

24. Philip GreyNo Gravatar says:

I am sick to death of scum-sucking, America-bashing, military-hating liberals who think that NOTHING is too sacred to drag through the mud in pursuit of their political goals. And I’m even more sick of so-called “journalists” who, eight years into the GWOT, still haven’t learned to ask for a DD-214 or other proof of service. However, that’s probably being too charitable by half, assuming that they would even care to ask for proof from someone who was spouting hatred for this country. So long as you sell yourself as a member of an approved “victim” group, and you paint this country and its military in a negative light, most lib journalists won’t ask for any proof whatsoever.

25. Tom JonesNo Gravatar says:

On top of all the BS, he’s a ‘rice queen’.

Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

26. newtonNo Gravatar says:

A US Navy admiral committed suicide years ago after it was found he was claiming a lot less medals of valor than this guy.

I’ll keep an eye on him, since he’s close enough to my neck of the woods. He deserves jail time.

Suicide is too easy for this guy. He needs to be tried and humiliated in front of the entire country…and then he can commit suicide.

27. MSG (R) B.No Gravatar says:

I would have been in his DLI class, starting in 84 for German. Although I do not recall him being in one of our classes that was a long time ago, I will have to check some of my records.
    There’s no way he attended the universities he states while being active duty at the same time either. And it’s doubtful he ever became a commissioned officer. I would guess he stayed enlisted, as a interogator at best. If so I probably ran across him at Huachuca as well. But German linguists were phased out in the early 90′s for most positions.
    What a jerk. The Army needs to track him doubt and bring him up on charges. And yes, they can do that.

MSG B, from one retiree to another I want to thank you for your comments and your service. Thanks for the additional info you provided here.

28. CJNo Gravatar says:

I’ve updated ASP with all the medals he is wearing. Prepare to be appalled:

.-= CJ´s last blog ..Kevin Bacon Wins Golden Globe for Taking Chance =-.

29. Jerry LavenderNo Gravatar says:

im dumbfounded this arseholes even wearing an OBE, (military), to get uk Parawings needs to have done min of 8 drops of which one is a night drop, as well as pass P company before hand, infact his wearing the cap badge not the SAS WINGS nope he gets nailed

30. PKO StranyNo Gravatar says:

I believe it was CNO Mike Bourda who killed himself, when asked if he was entitled to the “V” device he wore on the Bronze Star he received for serving on the “Gunline” off of Vietnam.

31. Kevin R.C. O'BrienNo Gravatar says:

Dude’s wearing Thai jump wings low on the left side of his jacket, what appears to be a patch of the CIA seal above that, and what looks like a British CBE around his neck.

What he needs to be wearing around his neck is a real (any of the gentlemen he’s pretending to be)’s set of stranglin’ thumbs.

I wouldn’t be shocked if the DLI story was true. (Apart from the BA, which as has been correctly pointed out, the institution has never granted. I think it does grant an AA now, but it did not in the 1980s). DLI graduates worked in particular MOSes in military intelligence, and had a reputation for more of their share of, shall we say, DADT violators.

At that time, many of the students in German had flunked a harder language, like Russian or Chinese. I went to DLI during this period, but wound up spending my career, such as it was, in combat arms.

In my experience, many linguists were prone to narcissism and prone to badging up their uniforms… although that may have been true of the MI field in general. Not all of them by any means, the flakes were a small if visible minority, but there was enough of a trend you could see it. Each one had to be a unique and special snowflake. Anyway, that’s why I suspect this clown might be a real DLI grad — he’s of a type.

Another of his claims that rings funny is “Assumption University.” There is an Assumption College in Worcester, MA. It’s a small Catholic college with a good reputation locally. There are Assumption U’s in Canada and Thailand. The Canadian one is in Windsor, the Thai one doesn’t seem to be accredited by any north american body, but maybe there’s some reciprocal recognition that I don’t understand.

It’s surely terrible that DADT deprives our military of the services of guys like this. Terrible.

32. Dave ScottNo Gravatar says:

Hmm – cannot comment about the US medals etc, but wearing a SAS ‘Winged Dagger” device — pity he ain’t in Kabul, NZ SAS would have something to say about that, as would the British & Aussie SAS.

33. scalpelNo Gravatar says:

He is well-known among the local emergency departments as a drug addict and pathological liar who presents to the ER with a bogus complaint of severe abdominal pain in order to obtain narcotics.

34. Musing LewNo Gravatar says:

I had to go look at the photo link….I feel nauseous. Just nasty…..Arrest is too good for this poser pervert!

35. WaltNo Gravatar says:

Mein Gott! And I thought I wrote fiction.
    .-= Walt´s last blog ..Son of a Gun! The Revolver. =-.

36. Pingback: Bouhammer's Afghanistan and Military Blog

37. Pingback: Bouhammer's Afghanistan and Military Blog

38. Pingback: Wanted for Stolen Valor | A Soldier's Perspective

39. weetamNo Gravatar says:

Tha is an OBE he is wearing around his neck… he cannot be awarded any British honour unless he is either a British citizen, or a commonwealth citizen.

22 reg SAS only do exchanges with Delta, so unless he was attached to Delta, of which he does not mention, then there is no way he can have earned the SAS badge, (something which will go down like the titanic with the ‘Hereford hooligans’)

The British Jump wings are not exclusive to the Para reg as stated above an “p” company is not necessary to obtain them, as jump courses are done at RAF Brize norton, and only require 5 jumps to be completed, but i doubt he’s ever even been to Oxfordshire let alone brize norton.

this guy is a roaster. end of story