Disgusted and Disappointed

I just read this tonight, www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/07/23/obama-victory-necessarily-goal-afghanistan/

I am honestly sitting here in shock trying to comprehend it all.

I am reading comments like

…but "victory" in the war-torn country isn’t necessarily the United States’ goal…

of worse yet things like this

"I’m always worried about using the word ‘victory,’ because, you know, it invokes this notion of Emperor Hirohito coming down and signing a surrender to MacArthur," Obama told ABC News.

and I think to myself, is this guy really the Commander in Chief? Is this the guy charged with leading our country’s military? Is this the guy that 53% of America put into office. Hope, Change? WHAT?

Since when did the word “Victory” become a bad word? Is there something wrong with Victory? Didn’t he like it when he we victorious in the Presidential campaign, didn’t he like the sweet taste of victory when the Chicago Bulls won the many championships they won?

There are only two things that you can do in war, WIN or LOSE. There is no in-between. There is no gray area. You don’t sorta win or almost lose. You either WIN or LOSE.

So if VICTORY is not the goal of the war in Afghanistan, then what is the goal? LOSING? Is that what we are going to do? Are we going to gracefully exit? Are we going to slip out the back door when NATO isn’t looking?

I am thoroughly disgusted and ashamed right now. I am also very disappointed in every American that voted this guy into office. You should be ashamed of yourself. There is no turning back the clock, there is no “oh I didn’t know he would be this bad”. It is too late, he is there and as far as I am concerned with statements like this coming out of the mouth of our Commander in Chief of the military, the deaths of every service-member (coalition and US) are in vain.

I am sorry Mac, Rod, Deg, Fayez, McKay, Walton, Raff, Palm, Hilton, Fabrizi, Bradshaw and all the rest of our fallen warriors in Afghanistan. Apparently your deaths were not in pursuit of a victory but instead for pursuit of…..something else.

Tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Disgusted and Disappointed

1. Cpl. BeddoeNo Gravatar says:

I’m a firm believer that the POTUS should be a red-blooded American Veteran. We get it.

2. Mike TNo Gravatar says:

Amazing after he calls Sgt. 1st Class Jared Monti’s Dad about him receiving the MOH for his actions 2006. Lets add Monti and Dave Todd to that list!

3. JWNo Gravatar says:

What’s next. Trouble comes in three’s they say. Yesterday POTUS claims the Cambridge police “acted stupidly” by arresting the Harvard professor Gates. He wasn’t there to observe what I might easily guess was a bunch of verbalized-spitting-in-your-face rantings by an angry man who is probably more racist than the cop he accused. Now, “victory isn’t necessarily the goal (sic)”. This guy and his cabinet are going to ruin this country.

We’re all screwed.

4. AdamNo Gravatar says:

I’ve got to say, that seems like an over-reaction. The President’s point seems to be more about language (i.e. the connotations of the word “victory”) than about whether or not he wants to win; of course he wants to win, but there may never be a final, decisive victory because even if we kill every member of Al Qaeda and the Taliban we can’t stop new people adopting their ideologies.

It’s like here in the UK, our army isn’t deployed on the streets of Northern Ireland any more but there are certainly still people there who don’t like being part of the UK. The IRA may be pretty much gone, but that’s no guarantee that some guy won’t detonate a car bomb in London tomorrow — we just got to a point where it’s safe enough for the soldiers to leave, but is that “victory”?
    .-= Adam´s last blog ..The Airborne Toxic Event =-.

5. MitchNo Gravatar says:

@Adam: The point is that the President, no matter his party, should be careful about the language he uses. This isn’t Philosophy 101 where we debate the meaning of the word “victory” or any other hypotheticals. Are we going to get rid of every Afghani who hates America? Of course not. There are still Americans who hate America, for Christ’s sake. But the CinC should have clear goals and firm language that shows our commitment to ending the horror of Islamic extremism in the Middle East. Say what you will about Bush, but he did not adopt weak, indecisive language for the sake of our enemies’ feelings.

@Bouhammer: I appreciate this article and obviously I agree. Don’t fret that your friends died in vain, though. The American people still want victory in Afghanistan and Iraq. Even many of those who voted for Obama did so because they viewed him as the “progressive” and mainstream choice. I believe, overall, that the vast majority of Americans are deeply appreciative of the sacrifices made on their behalves and that they want nothing less than the destruction of the terrorist regimes that have oppressed and harmed so many. The victory of freedom and democracy over terror and tyranny are bigger than any single man, no matter what his title.

6. Evert BoppNo Gravatar says:

It comes from the same school of thought that tells us not to have competitive events on school or to encourage our kids to do well in school. Their argument is that it makes those who score less well left out and ignored…
    Sickening and a very worrying development.
    Surprising? No.
    .-= Evert Bopp´s last blog ..A 20 million euro FAS scheme? =-.

7. JBNo Gravatar says:

Stay strong guys – this moron is a temporary blip in history – an anomaly to be sure.

Learn from this !

Understand that OVER 50 % of this country voted for (undefined) “change” and nebulous “hope”. It voted it’s “emotions” because it’s ability to reason is cooked into a media induced coma – made up of American Idol, Paris Hilton, Family Guy, Oprah – SEE-BS News, iPhones and the internet.

In many ways it’s no different that the 60′s when men were dying in the rice patties and those that came home alive were afraid to wear their uniforms for fear of being spit on or worse. There were two worlds – the Nam and the College Campuses.

Obama came from the “college campuses”. The military was and is anathema to everything he stood (and stands for) – but now that he has the job – he plays the part.

Well – most of the time that is

8. Mike CamelNo Gravatar says:

“There are only two things that you can do in war, WIN or LOSE. There is no in-between. There is no gray area.”

But surely there is, Adam’s being only one example. With all respect, that’s an absurd assertion. Life is not a Star Wars film. Especially in Afghanistan. It’s hard enough telling who’re the good guys and who are the bad guys most of the time.

Mike Camel,

Really there is something besides winning or losing? Please educate me and tell me what it is? Respectful pull out maybe? I am not sure what you mean by the Adam reference. What are you referring to? And why are you referencing Star Wars? I need you to spend a little more time in your comments so not only I, but also the readers of this blog can understand your point of view.

9. FeFeNo Gravatar says:

I saw the much hyped photos of ObamACORN on the beach, but little did I know the mainstream media Chrissy Mathews tingles about his abs was covering up the visible yellow streak down his back.

10. UpNorthNo Gravatar says:

I, too, am confused by Mike’s post. If we aren’t after victory, and I don’t mean parades and surrender ceremonies, why are we there? Why did I wish my oldest son good luck when he deployed in May, if it doesn’t count. Is it just to make the occupant of the White House look tough, and forceful? If we don’t want to win, bring everyone home, let the Afghans go back to the stone age, until we have to go back after the next attack on the US.

11. Gary OgletreeNo Gravatar says:

I really doubt we will see another such fool make it to Commander in Chief. Sarah Palin is no veteran but she gets it. Obama may have to “walk back” his no victory stance. The Dems said this was the real war we needed to fight. We will have to hold them to it until we can get a responsible adult into the white house who will do what it takes. I don’t believe our guys died or got mangled in vain, the Afghans have a chance now. Soldiers always are at risk from idiot politicians. This aging Army brat has always seen them go off to do their duty anyway.

12. NecromancerNo Gravatar says:

Copied and pasting this from and email. It is relevant I think.

I don’t know where this originated, but I like it!

“I have noted that many elected officials, both Democrats and Republicans, called upon America to unite behind Obama.
    Well, I want to make it clear to all who will listen that I AM NOT uniting behind Obama!

I will respect the Office which he holds, and I will acknowledge his abilities as an orator and wordsmith and pray for him, BUT that is it!!!

I have begun today to see what I can do to make sure that He is a one-term President!

Why am I doing this?

It is because I do not share Obama’s vision or Value system for America;
    I do not share his Abortion beliefs;
    I do not share his radical Marxist’s concept of re-distributing wealth;
    I do not share his stated views on raising taxes on those who make $150,000+ (the ceiling has been changed three times since August);

I do not share his view that America is arrogant;
    I do not share his view that America is not a Christian nation (that is, based on Christian principles);
    I do not share his view that the military should be reduced by 25%;
    I do not share his view of amnesty and giving more to illegals than American citizens who need help;
    I do not share his views on homosexuality and his definition of marriage;
    I do not share his views that radical Islam is our friend and Israel is our enemy;
    I do not share his spiritual beliefs (at least the ones he has made public);
    I do not share his beliefs on how to re-work the healthcare system in America;
    I do not share his strategic views of the Middle East, and certainly do not share his plan to sit down with terrorist regimes such as Iran.

Bottom line, my America is vastly different from Obama’s, and I have a higher obligation to my country and my God to do what is right!

For eight (8) years, the liberals in our society, led by numerous entertainers who would have no platform and no real credibility but for their celebrity status, have attacked President Bush, his family, and his spiritual beliefs!

They have not moved toward the center in their beliefs and their philosophies, and they never came together nor compromised their personal beliefs for the betterment of our country! They have portrayed my America as a land where everything is tolerated except my right to hold and express my beliefs!

They have been a vocal and irreverent minority for years; they have mocked and attacked the very core values so important to the founding and growth of our country!

They have made every effort to remove the name of God or Jesus Christ from our society! They have challenged capital punishment, the right to bear firearms, and the most basic principles of our criminal code; they have attacked one of the most fundamental of all freedoms, the right of free speech!

Unite behind Obama? Never!

I am sure many of you who read this think that I am going overboard, but I refuse to retreat one more inch in favor of those whom I believe are the embodiment of evil!

PRESIDENT BUSH made many mistakes during his Presidency, and I am not sure how history will judge him.. However, I believe that he weighed his decisions in light of the long established Judeo-Christian principles of our Founding Fathers!!!

Majority rules in America , and I will honor the concept; however, I will fight with all of my power to be a voice in opposition to Obama and “his goals for America .”

I am going to be a thorn in the side of those who, if left unchecked, will destroy our Country!! Any more compromise is more defeat!

I pray that the results of this election will wake up many who have sat on the sidelines and allowed the Socialist-Marxist anti-God crowd to slowly change so much of what has been good in America !

“Error of Opinion may be tolerated where Reason is left free to combat it.” (Thomas Jefferson)

God bless you and God bless our country! (Please, please, please. Pass this on if you agree.)

Thanks for your time, be safe. “In God We Trust.”

‘If we ever forget that we’re one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.’
    - Ronald Reagan

I WANT THE AMERICAN WAY OF LIFE BACK…..