$5 billion unspent by the Anti-Morale Device

The Washington Times came out with a great article (http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/mar/25/5-billion-for-afghans-still-unspent/)about how there is $5 Billion (with a B) dollars still unspent and most of that was under the direction of then Lt. Gen. Eikenberry from 2005-2007. “E3″ as he was called when I was there was known to not be a friend of the US Army at all, but pretty much looked at Afghans like they could do no wrong.

From a very Sr. Sergeant Major that was serving with him at the time up at Camp Eggers I heard the following “he is considered the anti-morale device on the camp”. What this Sergeant Major was talking about was the fact that whenever “E3″ was around on the camp, nobody laughed, or joked or anything. E3 was known for leading by fear and intimidation rather than respect according to this senior leader I talked to. Whenever E3 was away from the camp, the morale went up considerably among the officers and NCOs that were the primary residents on the camp.

One time E3 came down to my FOB to “visit” and it was a complete joke. First he went to the PRT up the road and was then coming to see us in our little crappy FOB in the wadi. We were told by higher that E3 wanted to talk to guys on the front lines but did not want to hear anything “bad”. Yes, this very senior General wanted to input from the guys on the tip of the spear but he only wanted good stories from us and did not want to hear any complaints from us about Afghans.

Well hearing that, we pretty much threw our hands up and said “F*** it, I will be in my room playing PS2″. I mean it would be one thing if they guy wanted to hear the ground truth, or at least pretend like he did, but to put the word out that he does not want to hear anything negative goes against everything that military leadership is built on. To me it was a better use of my time to sit on the Holy Throne and

dscn0023read the latest issues of Shotgun News or play PS2 then it was to see that guy. Pretty much everyone on my team stayed in our room and never saw him. My NCOs had all felt the same as me with the thought of “if you don’t want to hear bad news, then you better not talk to me”.

It was probably a good thing that we didn’t talk to him, because on his visit to the PRT and our ANA FOB he pretty much yelled at and degraded every US soldier he encountered, to include several O6s. The rule of thumb was; if you had “US” on your name tape then be prepared to be disrespected and screamed at, but if you were Afghan then you could do no wrong.

As a result of his visit, the Senior officer (the Brigade Team Chief) on our FOB, an O6 Colonel, his Executive Officer (O5-LT. Colonel) and the Command Sergeant Major of the Brigade were all relieved on the spot. He fired all of them after a 30 minute one way yelling match. Match may not be the right word, because it was one way, from him to them.

As you may be able to tell, I am not a big fan of E3 and was not happy to see the President pick him as ambassador to Afghanistan. I mean, he is a good choice for the fact that he has Afghanistan experience. Even though O.J knows a little something about knives I still would not pick him to be a door to door cutlery salesman.

Tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to $5 billion unspent by the Anti-Morale Device

1. OldSoldier54No Gravatar says:

Oh. My. God.

Boy. Team Obama sure can pick ‘em, uh?

2. MaryAnnNo Gravatar says:

Holy crap. A pretty daming assessment.

3. JBNo Gravatar says:

Out of curiosity I did a Google search and my suspicions were confirmed. Eikenberry is a long time member of the Council on Foreign Relations

and thus a globalist in cahoots with the Obama New World Order crowd trying to usher in a global government

U.S. wants to cooperate, not dominate

LONDON | President Obama proclaimed Thursday that the era of the United States attempting to dominate world affairs is over, saying he is committed to “collective action” by the 20 biggest economies to end the worst financial crisis in 80 years. Giving substance to his rhetoric, the president signed on to a radical revamping of the world’s major financial institutions that surrenders the traditional right of the United States and Europe to lead them.

Glenn Beck On Harold Koh & Global Governance

Walter Cronkite receives “Global Governance Award” from WFA

October 19, 1999; Walter Cronkite receives award from the World Federalist Association. The award is the “Norman Cousins Global Governance Award.” Through a closed-circuit hook-up, (then First Lady – Now Secretary State) Hillary Clinton congratulates Cronkite

Hannity, Morris Agree with Conspiracy People About New World Order

Former Clintonite Dick Morris declares those people who have been yelling, oh, the UN is going to take over theyve been crazy, but now they’re right.

Obama’s “presidency” is a complete sham. He’s never had an original thought in his life – he’s nothing more than a sock puppet for the CFR, Trilateral Commission and Bilderbergers. Check out “The Obama Deception” – a hard-hitting film that completely destroys the myth that Barack Obama is working for the best interests of the American people.

4. JBNo Gravatar says:

Looks like you guys will be trading your Kevlar’s in for a Robin Egg Blue UN Helmet to help bring about a New World Order where sovereign nation states give way to mob rule “democracy” . This is the stated goal of the Council on Foreign Relations

Sovereignty and globalisation

Author:
    Richard N. Haass, President, Council on Foreign Relations

Our notion of sovereignty must therefore be conditional, even contractual, rather than absolute. If a state fails to live up to its side of the bargain by sponsoring terrorism, either transferring or using weapons of mass destruction, or conducting genocide, then it forfeits the normal benefits of sovereignty and opens itself up to attack, removal or occupation. The diplomatic challenge for this era is to gain widespread support for principles of state conduct and a procedure for determining remedies when these principles are violated.

The goal should be to redefine sovereignty for the era of globalisation, to find a balance between a world of fully sovereign states and an international system of either world government or anarchy.

The basic idea of sovereignty, which still provides a useful constraint on violence between states, needs to be preserved. But the concept needs to be adapted to a world in which the main challenges to order come from what global forces do to states and what governments do to their citizens, rather than from what states do to one another.

From the latest Davos world economic forum held in Jan

Davos Annual Meeting 2008 – The Future of Global Governance: Time for Government 2.0 ?

“Change” you can believe in

5. BouhammerNo Gravatar says:

Actually I have an update on this one. The SGM who I mention in this blog entry contacted me and informed me he was also known as the “Commander, Morale Suppression Team”

6. bratNo Gravatar says:

I seem to be saying this a lot these days: The insanity continues. :(

brat’s last blog post..Commander Josee Kurtz first woman to command Canadian war ship

7. Pingback: Bouhammer's Afghanistan and Military Blog