MG Cone thanks 2/7 Marines

CAMP BARBER, Afghanistan – U.S. Army Maj. Gen. Robert W. Cone, commanding general, Combined Security Transition Command –Afghanistan, visited the Marines and sailors of Task Force 2d Battalion, 7th Marine Regiment, Special Purpose Marine Air Ground Task Force – Afghanistan, Oct. 25. During his address to the troops, the two-star general emphatically stated that “no other battalion-sized unit had made as big a contribution to the security of Afghanistan as the Marines of TF 2/7.” Upon rendering his thanks, he noted the significant accomplishments of the Marines who were operating in the toughest regions of Afghanistan. Serving in Afghanistan since April in support of Operation Enduring Freedom, TF 2/7 has been conducting counterinsurgency operations with an emphasis on police mentoring of the Afghan National Police. The Marine unit has been conducting full spectrum operations throughout Afghanistan’s Helmand and Farah provinces.

(Marine Corps photo by Sgt. Steve Cushman)

(Marine Corps photo by Sgt. Steve Cushman)

Tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to MG Cone thanks 2/7 Marines

1. Michelle WellerNo Gravatar says:

I just have to tell you my son is a member of the 2/7 in Afghanistan and this makes me so proud of him and his whole unit. Thyey are doing a wonderful job and they need to come home soon. We are missing our boys deeply. I know they have a job to do and will do it to the fullest. Thank you for the aknowlegement

2. Cannoneer No. 4No Gravatar says:

PBS couldn’t be bothered to show any Marines. I just watched FRONTLINE: The War Briefing, and I’m wondering if that wasn’t a Morale Operation to prepare Americans to accept defeat. Maybe bugging out of Afghanistan is what Biden was talking about when he told us to mark his words.

3. Mom StewardNo Gravatar says:

Michelle I pray that your son and his whole unit returns safely as I also pray daily for our Grandson and all of our troops. They are all doing a wonderful job and it was so enlightening to read about MG Cone recognizing the great work of the 2/7 Marines!! Press on I say!

4. Cindy BNo Gravatar says:

Micki, I know that at times we all get so busy with our lives that we tend to take for granted what our troups are doing for us every day, especially those of us who do not have family members or friends in the military. Please know that Blake as well as all the brave men and women fighting for our country are in my thoughts and prayers every day.

5. Marines Mama BearNo Gravatar says:

Our Marine daughters, wives, mothers,sons, husbands, fathers, and friends have done an exhausting, exhilarating job in Afghanistan. My son is still there, although his company is now home or on their way. All of the warriors are in my thoughts and prayers many times daily and thank YOU for bringing various blogs concerning them to us.

6. Brother of marineNo Gravatar says:

Does anyone know when the rest of the 2/7 is returning home? Particularly Fox Company? Thanks.

-Brother of a Marine